The Friends of TREC support the Gardens at TREC by providing the funding for the Garden Volunteer Coordinator position. The coordinator helps organizations, schools, colleges and universities, families, and individuals provide the maintenance effort that is critical in keeping the Gardens thriving.
Please take a moment to read these guidelines to ensure a safe and productive experience at the Gardens at TREC:
1. Gardening is a physical, outdoor activity. Please be sure that you are physically capable of the suggested task. Don’t try to exceed your abilities!
2. Dress for the weather. Light layers are suggested; closed toe shoes are a must! Pants and long sleeved shirts are recommended. Broad-Brimmed hats on sunny days limit sun exposure.
3. Sunscreen and insect repellant are recommended.
4. Please provide your own beverage also!
5. All volunteers must fill out a DCNR Volunteer form, which will be provided by the Volunteer Coordinator.
We appreciate your help and look forward to providing you with an enjoyable, educational gardening experience!